Dynamic Data Extensions add new features to ASP.Net 4 Web Forms Dynamic Data
- Field templates
- UploadFile – upload images to folder on web server.
- UploadImage – upload and display images (stored in folder on webserver).
- SelectImage – select from a list of images stored the image name in the field.
- Date – uses the
AJAX Control Toolkit Date Picker for choosing dates for date fields.
- ValueList – Select predefined values from dropdown list similar to Foreign Key field template but work on none FK Columns.
- HTMLEditor – Uses the
AJAX Control Toolkit HTML Editor
- Autocomplete – Uses the
AJAX Control Toolkit
AutoComplete to filter the Foreign Key list, there will also be an autocomplete list for any column as well as the Foreign Key column version.
- ChoiceList – Dropdown List for any Column.
- ChildrenList – Provides a way to show child tables, works in conjunction with the new Edit and Details page templates.
- and many more…
- Filters – some of the filters are direct ports from the old ASP.Net
Dynamic Data Futures VS2008 SP1 RTM project, they do what they say on the tin.
- GreaterThan & GreaterThanOrEqual – numeric values.
- LessThan & LessThanOrEqual – numeric values.
- DateRange – filter values between two dates.
- Range – filter between two values.
- Autocomplete – Provides a method of pre-filtering huge Foreign Key list.
- Contains – equivalent to T-SQL LIKE ‘%search term%’
- MultiForeignKey – allows selecting several Foreign Key values at once.
- StartsWith – equivalent to T-SQL LIKE ‘search term%’
- EndsWith – equivalent to T-SQL LIKE ‘%search term’
- DateFrom – greater than a particular date.
- DataTo – less than a particular date.
- Cascading – Allows related Foreign Key column s to filter each other.
- CascadingHierarchical – provides a cascading filter for single foreign key columns that have parent tables the they can be filtered by.
- Page Templates
- New Details and Edit page templates that use the
ChildrenList field template and a tab control to display selected child tables beneath the main FormView.
- Wizard – This is just like the Insert or Edit page templates but uses the standard ASP.Net a wizard control and allows specifying which page each field should appear on.
- New List page with inline Edit and Insert plus
- Popup Insert and Edit page templates.
- Entity Templates
- Group – This allows grouping fields into section with each section having a title.
- Tabs – This
- AJAX Control Toolkit version using the
- jQuery UI version using the
jQuery UI tabs.
- MultiColumn – Allows the creation of form with a grid like structure.
- Secured Dynamic Data site with table and column security.
- New Project Template – Menus and all the above features installed out of the box.
Many of the templates are already available via
here and as I get the project setup here the rest will become available from